Greeting Ms Moon

Final Painting

It is December and Christmas is coming. I decided to continue working on this piece I drew and painted last year. I could not finish it on time for Christmas then.

Reworking a painting felt different from painting from scratch. Recalling what I wanted to paint was not easy. One thing I recalled wanting to do was adding depth to the image. So I started with painting over the background. I think I was fairly successful to give the illusion of depth.

I soon realized that I did not plan the lighting when I drew this. Both light sources are from the right. Further, Ms Moon looks further into the image compared to the three characters. I tried my best to ignore these and painted warm-cool colors while keeping the lighting looks believable even if it was not correct. I was not totally happy with Lise's face (the girl), but I was at a loss about what I could fix.

I think this piece taught me why night scenes are more difficult to paint than day scenes.

Well, it is December and Christmas is coming. I hope everyone is doing okay. Happy holidays!

Comments

Popular Posts